Compassionate Communities have planned a three-part Housing Summit over 2021, in response to the Archbishops’ Commission on Housing Report, “Coming Home). You can read about it on the Compassionate Communities website.
The first Summit was on the 29th April, led by Bishop Graham Tomlin. The ‘TED Talk’ style evening included speakers from several initiatives and projects. Churches can get involved in responding to the issues of homelessness. Guest speakers included:
- Rose Hickman discussing the Befriending Project from the Passage
- Adeola Ogunade, Housing Advice Surgeries from Hope4All
- Jenna Roberts from Housing Justice talking about the Hosting Scheme
- Ed Walker from Hope into Action on Providing Homes
The conversations around responding to the housing and homelessness crisis will continue throughout the year. See the below dates for the next two Summits.
- Housing Summit part 2 on Thursday 16th Sept, 7.30pm-9pm on ZOOM
Prophetic Action and Pushing for Change: Using our voice for a better vision for housing.
Book a place.
- Housing Summit part 3 on Thursday 4th Nov, 7.30pm-9pm on ZOOM
Putting Our Own House in Order: Affordable housing and use our land wisely.
Book a place
We also encourage you to pray with us for the housing crisis. Though we have hope that one day the Lord will make his home in us, while we are here on earth let us join together in prayer.
For more updates for specifics on prayer, sign up to Compassionate Communities email newsletter.